Thursday, November 22, 2012

Renewed King

One of my goals this year was to revisit a lot of my old shares and remaster them using some of the new equipment, technology and experience that I've gained over the years.I've learned a lot since I first started doing this back in, what, 2005?  I've been through half a dozen different turntables, at least as many needles, three computers, four or five different pieces of software, countless versions of that software, and, perhaps most importantly, a whole lot of experience.  So getting the chance to go back and rerecord some of my favorites was nice.  It let me rediscover a lot of the things I'd forgotten and I hope you'll feel the same way when you listen to these records.  This is the first of what I hope will average out to about one a day.  I'm going to do this rather than re-share old things this year, so if there's something in the archives you're looking for that's not currently available, cross your fingers and hope that I've found the time to remaster it this year.  This first record is something I shared out in 2009, but I'd recorded it sometime earlier, choosing not to share it because I didn't want to step on the toes of The King Of Jingaling who'd shared it FaLaLaLaLa some years earlier.  His rip was in mono, but mine was a stereo copy, so I eventually shared mine.  And now I'm sharing it again, with what I hope is better sounds and almost certainly a higher bit rate.  Please be my guest and give another listen to Wayne King And His Orchestra With The Wayne Robinson Singers-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Decca DL 74438, Stereo, 1963).

1. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
2. The Christmas Waltz
3. Winter Wonderland
4. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
5. Jing-A-Ling-A-Ling
6. White Christmas
7. Carol Of The Bells
8. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
9. Snowbound
10. Silver Bells
11. Christmas In Killarney
12. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

MediaFire
Torrent
PS-This cover has been used elsewhere over the years, just in case it looks familiar to you.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the upgraded share. It's become one of my favorite plays during Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ernie. I especially thank you for posting it two places so we can all have a clear chance to get the postings. I don't think you will get snow in your neck of the woods for Christmas, so you will just have to dream about and let the folks that get the snow tell you all about what you are missing. (A bit of humor?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to see the Christmas music back again. I've been a fan of your site for several years. I am very impressed with your album covers. Would you consider please explaining how you get such terrific results? I've done over 700 albums and use a 8 1/2 by 14" scanner. Your covers are sharp and the contrast and color is excellant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I'm loving the latest posts. Thank you very much.

    Would you please consider updating the links for a couple of your Christmas in July posts from this year? Both days 21 and 32 are being blocked by Mediafire. Either updating the links with a more disguised file name or adding a torrent option should work. Thanks so much, and again, thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the re-master of this album. The improvement in fidelity due to improved equipment and high bit-rate is evident. I have always considered your shares to be top notch in the quality department and they are even better today than they were before. Your labour of love is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...