Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reheated Candy

Today's remaster is this piece of faux psychedelia from Decca. They decided to jump on the hippy bandwagon with a cool cover and an interesting band name, but the music doesn't really match the cover. If you want a truly psychedelic Christmas experience, go find your self a copy of Rotary Connection's Christmas album, or maybe Paul Revere & The Raiders.  Those are truly tripped out affairs.  This one, not so much.  It's still decent Christmas music though, and it sounds better than ever.  This is the same copy I shared with you back in 2008, I've never seen another one pop up, so it can't be too common. Most of my remasters are different copies than the originals, either because I find a better one, or I can't find that old copy in the stacks of Christmas vinyl.  But I re-ripped it, ClickRepaired it, noise-reduced it, cut it up, normalized it, and now I'm resharing it.  This is The Candy Store-Turned On Christmas (Decca DL75147, Stereo, 1969).

1. Jingle Bells
2. White Christmas
3. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
4. Winter Wonderland
5. The Little Drummer Boy
6. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
8. Silver Bells
9. Frosty The Snow Man
10. Auld Lang Syne

MediaFire
Torrent

7 comments:

  1. This is a great collection. However, they're mainly reproductions of Phil Spector's classic arrangements from "A Christmas Gift To You" (1963). They're great fun, but for a masterpiece, see the original. Thank you so much for sharing this though, I have very much enjoyed hearing different takes on tracks from one of my Christmas standards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to this as I was posting, and I realized there are a lot of similarities to the Phil Spector disc. Everybody's gotta rip somebody off. Except Phil, he was an original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more quick thing, I have loved your blog for years. I've never posted, but I've visited often!! Thank you so much for this wonderful array of Christmas esoterica! I have a fairly large collection of it on vinyl, but it's nice to have them now on my iPod so I can share them with other people. Thank you again!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ernie.

    The arrangements seem to be more than copies of Phil Spector.
    Rudolph is closer to the Beach Boys arrangement.
    They probably listened to whatever pop music was getting holiday airplay.
    It doesn't take away from the value of the LP>

    Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ernie!

    Can you reupload this album?

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ernie, I take look on the streaming reissue of that record. There are many mistakes in the songs like on Winter Wonderland or Auld lang syne. Is it possible to get your rip too?
    It would be very nice.
    Thanks again
    Frit

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, it's out there, and I'm not going to share it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...