Monday, December 17, 2018

Little Star

As keeps happening this year, I found another copy of this record and remembered that I had shared it once upon a time.  I went hunting for it and found it back in 2012.  And I decided to bring it back.  I still had the WAV files on my PC, so I was able to re-encode it for you at full bitrate, and the sound is pretty good. Side one is a story by Kenny Bowers with David Randolph, a name that might be familiar to some of you as he's shown up here at the blog a couple of times.  Side two is an orchestral piece that's only sort of related to Christmas, but it's nice.  This is The Little Star Of Bethlehem (Columbia CL 1046, Mono, 1957).

1. Kenny Bowers, Narrator-David Randolph Chorus And The Orchestra Of Ancient Instruments Conducted By David Randolph-The Little Star Of Bethlehem
2.-6. The Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra Conducted By Carl Bamberger-The Toy Box (Ballet Suite)

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Didn't Kleinsinger and Tripp write Tubby the Tuba? That would be before your time, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster: Tuvie the Tubba I used to call that as akid as I love switchings words around. LOL!
    Ernie: Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...