Thursday, December 20, 2018

Dart Mouth?

That last record was a college choir, and it reminded me of this share.  You may not recognize the cover shown above, but if you look down at the bottom, you may recognize the cover that I shared this out with back in 2008 (with a remaster in 2010).  I found this version sometime in the past year and thought at first it was something different by this great choral group from Dartmouth, but it proved to be the same recordings in what I think is an earlier cover. I couldn't find a different date, though, so I'm not entirely sure of the issue history. (I put copies of the other artwork in the download, just for the completists out there.)  And I have yet to find a stereo version, but I keep hoping. Of all the college singing groups I've shared over the years, I think this is my favorite.  So give a listen to this 2018 remaster of Dartmouth Glee Club-Paul R. Zeller, Director-White Christmas On The Campus (United Artists UAL 3102, Mono, 1961).

1. Happy Holiday
2. O Come All Ye Faithful
3. White Christmas
4. Angels We Have Heard On High
5. The Secret Of Christmas
6. What Child Is This?
7. The Christmas Song
8. Lo How A Rose E'er Blooming
9. Sleigh Ride
10. The First Noel
11. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
12. Mid Ox And Ass
13. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
14. Here A Torch Jeanette Isabella
15. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
16. Jingle Bells

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. This one really is the best. Thanks for the new share, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the recommendation, this one will to the top of the listening pile regarding choir records. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. I forgot I had your 2010 remaster already, but got rid of it quickly as this one is better. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...