Friday, December 21, 2018

Barbershop II

I think I promised you some more barbershop Christmas music earlier in the season, and I'm finally going to come through on that promise. I was happy to find this a couple months ago, since I'd been looking for a while.  Unfortunately, it's a mono copy, so the hunt continues for the stereo version. But in the meantime, I wanted to listen to it, and share it with my visitors.  For a little bit of the 'shop, this is Evans Quartet-1960 International Quartet Champions-S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A.-Merry Christmas-Barbershop Style (Decca DL 4162, Mono, 1961).  I have misspelled barbershop every single time I've had to type it in this post.  I must need to go to bed.

1. Jingle Bells
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
5. Frosty The Snow Man
6. Silent Night
7. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
8. White Christmas
9. Jolly Old St. Nicholas
10. Silver Bells
11. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
12. Auld Lang Syne

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite Christmas albums! I forget who shared it out before but I've listened to it countless times. Far and away the best barbershop Christmas album I've ever heard (of the 2-3 I've heard).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got both a mono and stereo version in my library. I have no idea where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPEBSQSA was headquartered for fifty years (until 2007) in Kenosha, Wisconsin, also home to Snap-On Tools and ite Male Chorus. Now it's the Barbershop Harmony Society and its headquarters is Nashville.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...