Saturday, December 22, 2018

DECA (Not Decca)

It's crazy to go through the archives and see how many Christmas records I've shared out over the years. Many of them are now available elsewhere, which is a good thing, it means they haven't been forgotten, they've been rescued from the obscurity of a long past.  But many of them haven't been restored, so that's what I'm doing, one record at a time.  This is another one I brought to you back in 2011, and it's a pretty good choral record from a group of vocational students.  At least that's what I think they are.  We didn't have such a group growing up in Florida.  We had FFA, which is more agriculture-oriented than strictly vocational. I'm sure one of my three visitors can tell us more about the DECA program.  I re-encoded this music, and it's occasional touch of the 1968 NOW Sound, but I can see that what I really needed to do was re-do that cover scan.  Had some sad equipment to work with that year.  Maybe someday.  In the meantime, please download and give a listen to these kids.  This is The DECA Blazers, Arranged And Conducted By Bob Lowden-Merry Christmas (Distributive Education Clubs Of America/Melrose DBX, Stereo, 1968).

1. Joy To The World
2. While By My Sheep
3. Carol Of The Bells
4. Angels We Have Heard On High
5. I Wonder As I Wander
6. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
7. What Child Is This?
8. Carol Of The Drum
9. Silent Night
10. O Come All Ye Faithful
11. The Holly And The Ivy
12. Stars Of Ice
13. Go Tell It On The Mountain
14. Carol Noel
15. O Tannenbaum
16. Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
17. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
18. First Noel

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Well, this visitor never heard of DECA. Nice blazers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a social studies teacher in High School (in CA) who was way into DECA. I got extra credit for working as a gofer one weekend at our town's annual Art & Wine festival through DECA. It was supposed to teach me about being a young entrepreneur, which is weird because it was a volunteer position without compensation, which is kinda the opposite of entrepreneurship.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...