Thursday, December 17, 2009

EP Day, Part 1


I've been throwing shares at you guys left and right for weeks now and I hope it hasn't been too much. I've tried to limit myself to full album shares whenever possible, so you get the most use out of those precious RapidShare slots. But today I want to really bombard you with some stuff from much smaller records. I've got a bunch of these to draw your attention to, and I'm going to start with one of the best ever. This collection of funny tunes is a great slice of Christmas from the world of Spike Jones and, well, I don't know who else. It's just funny stuff. So if you like funny, please download Yogi Yorgesson With Johnny Duffy And The Scandahoovians-Yingle Bells (Capitol 7" 45 rpm EAP 1-461, Mono, 1951). This is another one of those records that I've shared out since year one around here, and I'm going to keep sharing it as long as possible!

1. The Christmas Party
2. I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas
3. I Was Santa Claus At The School House (For The P.T.A.)
4. Yingle Bells

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! A most excellent blog. Merry merry! I am very thankful for Yogi Yorgesson. But I noticed in your blog you gave "some" credit for this to Spike Jones. I do not believe this is Spike. In fact, it's a man named Harry Stewart. Same kind of thing that Spike does though.

    Appreciate the time and trouble to do all of this work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't trying to credit Spike Jones with these songs, I was just saying it's in the same league as Spike's zany, wacky stuff. Sorry if I didn't state my case correctly. Somewhere around here, if you look hard enough, there's some more Harry Stewart under his Hari Kari pseudonym singing more Christmas Carols.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...