Monday, December 14, 2009

Are My Shares Broken?

I've been downloading a few of my old shares here, and I've got a problem. In many of them, the artist and album title fields seem to be reversed. I take a lot of pride in sharing out things that are properly tagged, so when you play it, you know what you're listening to. I hate downloading something where the folder name is Christmas and the tracks are title Track 1, Track 2, etc. So it's bothering me that something has gone wrong with my shares. Has anybody else noticed a problem with the things I share? I need to take a good look at what I'm doing here. I've got some software that will swap the tags around and make them right, but I shouldn't have to do that, and neither should you.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't snagged many this year (got them previous years ... a belated and HUGE thanks btw) but didn't notice this problem. If you point out a couple of files, I'll download them again and see what happens on my end. Have you seen this problem with files you get from others? Have you recently changed or upgraded your MP3 player? Have you been drinking heavily? Blows to the head? Have you in the last while insulted a VooDoo priestess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was some chicken blood and some feathers in front of my PC when I got to work this morning. I didn't put two and two together until you said that, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've downloaded several albums in the last few days and haven't noticed any mixups.

    Thanks for all the great music--I get so sick of the same overplayed crap on the radio, and this music reminds me more of the stuff I heard as a kid anyway. You've definitely made my holidays brighter-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate the effort you put into your tagging! It's hard to complain when you get things for free but I wish more sharity bloggers were as consistent with their tagging! Thanks for all the great music!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...