Friday, December 18, 2009

Braun (Not Gillette)


I hear from a lot of people who fondly remember Ruth Lyons and her TV show. It was way before my time, and in a different part of the country, but because the show spawned a couple of great Christmas albums, I'm familiar with it. What I wasn't familiar with, at least before last year, was that one of the other members of the show had put out a Christmas album. I'm in the habit of picking up pretty much every Christmas LP I see and taking a look to see if I can find something interesting about it. That was the case with this one, and I noticed a couple of songs on it that were written by Ruth Lyons. So I read the liner notes and realized what I had. And now, you can have it too. Please download Bob Braun, Orchestra Conducted By Leroy Holmes-Christmas In Your Heart (United Artists UAS 6664, Stereo, 1968).

1. Christmas In Your Heart
2. Everywhere The Bells Are Ringing
3. Do You Hear What I Hear
4. A Marshmellow (sic) World
5. A Child's First Christmas
6. Let's Light The Christmas Tree
7. Christmas Lullaby
8. Winter Wonderland
9. That's What Christmas Means To Me
10. I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. Christmas Medley

2 comments:

  1. Could you repost The Fred Waring Sounds of Christmas?

    Thanks

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repost? I never shared it. It's available on CD, but I think it's under a different title.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...