Friday, December 18, 2009

The Big Winter


Here's the last of my Hugo shares, and this time it's a full LP. Well, sort of. I believe this was first released as the 10" record you see below, Christmas Magic (RCA Victor LPM 3132, Mono). That recording was later expanded a little bit with the addition of two non-Christmas songs into the 12" record I'm sharing with you. A few weeks ago, I found another LP from Hugo that featured those two non-Christmas songs, and I remember wanting to tell you I'd found where they came from. But, with all the holiday rush, I forgot what I did with the LP, and I also forgot the title. So I can't share my new-found info with you. Maybe next year. Anyhow, to complete your Winterhalter collection, please download Hugo Winterhalter And His Orchestra And Chorus-Christmas Magic (RCA Camden CAL-449, Mono, 1958). This is one of those great albums that I've been sharing out since year 1, or as you might know it, 2005. Why isn't this on CD? With all these bonus tracks I've dug up, they could present a pretty nice collection. Add in a few tracks where Hugo and his orchestra back up any one of RCA's singers of the period, and you've got a really great collection!

1. White Christmas
2. Winter Wonderland
3. I'd Love To Hitch A Ride With Santa Claus-That Christmas Feeling
4. That's What I Want For Christmas
5. Carol Of The Bells
6. Christmas Island
7. Swingin' On A Star
8. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly-Wassail Song
9. Away In A Manger-I Saw Three Ships
10. The Second Star To The Right

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...