Monday, December 31, 2018

Government Christmas

As I write this, the US government is shut down because of a squabble over the funding of a wall between the US and Mexico.  Thousands of people aren't being paid, important functions of government aren't happening and the world looks at us and laughs. I don't know if things are truly worse than they were when Senator Dirksen recorded this album, but they sure seem like it.  I'll get off my soapbox and let you download this time capsule.  This is Everett McKinley Dirksen At Christmas Time (Capitol ST 2792, Stereo, 1967). I first shared this with you in 2012, and it's never been back since.  Tonight, it's back and at a better bitrate.  Enjoy!

1. The First Time The Christmas Story Was Told
2. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
3. The Prophecy: He Is Coming
4. Christmas Has Come...Joy To The World
5. Shepherds Are Guided: Away In A Manger
6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. The Wise Men
8. The Night Before Christmas
9. Epilogue
10. Silent Night

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I was in college in 1967 - trust me, things are not worse now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you much! I will not comment on politics.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...