Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Demilio Sighting


Some months ago (OK, over a year), I scanned this LP cover because it features a couple of different Demilio covers. Just pictures of other covers, actually, but they are still recognizable as Demilio's, so I wanted to bring them to every one's attention. The LP you're looking at here is Edmundo Ros And His Orchestra-Standards...In The Latin Manner (London LL 1466). The two LPs you see on that ladies lap (and which appear to be pretty close to hitting the floor) are Ros Album Of Sambas and Latin Melodies, both also by Edmundo Ros. I don't think I've shown you either of these exact records before, but I did share the same picture that's on one of them. I've brought you at least one other cover that features pictures of other Demilio albums, but it only featured one Demilio among the LPs spread out on the floor.

The cover above is actually from the Ros LP Sambas!, but it's the same Demilio art as Ros Album Of Sambas. When you've got art this cool, why use it only once? I'll have to see if I can dig up that Latin Melodies cover.

(If you have no idea who I'm talking about when I speak of this Demilio, then search my humble blog and you'll find out what little I know of him. You'll get to see some pretty great artwork, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...