Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Now That's A Big Shell!


Here's a little piece of public sculpture I don't think I've shared with you before. This giant sheet metal shell is located in a roundabout on Englewood Beach, Manasota Key, Florida. Unfortunately, that's not the most photogenic of spots for me and my limited skills. This piece is the work of Malcolm Robertson, who you've seen before around here.

The name of the piece appears to be "Shell". Quite appropriate, that.

There's that cursed spot on my image sensor! See the dark spot in the otherwise blue sky in the shot above? That's a little piece of debris that was stuck to my camera's image sensor for months. I finally had to order a little sensor cleaning kit to get it off. I think I've got some spots on my sensor right now that I need to clean off, although this latest camera does have a sensor cleaning function. I guess it's inevitable that dust gets in your camera when your changing lenses, but it sure is a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...