Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Really Old Pictures

I found another stash of really old pictures, and here are a few of those. There were more in there than just flowers, but I felt that only the better flower pictures have stood the test of time. The date on these was 2002, and they were taken with my old Kodak DC4800. That was the first digital camera I had that produced pictures you could stand to look at. So what have we got here? The picture above is a purple passionflower. Yes, there really is such a thing as a passionflower. I saw these a lot as a kid, but we called them maypops because of the fruit that came after the flower. They made a pop when you opened them up to eat the seeds inside.

This is an old favorite that I shot in Lakeland, somewhere in Lake Parker park. I still don't know what type of plant it is, but I love all those little tiny flowers.

Another favorite, this time it's from the park that used to be around the Rye Road Bridge that I told you isn't there anymore. It's the blossom of some sort of bromeliad, and I've never seen one bloom this spectacularly since.

Another blossoming bromeliad, this time in someones yard on Anna Maria Island. I don't know how I remember exactly where I took so many of my pictures. Lucky, I guess.

And last but not least, these are some sort of plant related to the mimosa, I think. It's a sort of vine that grows well in sand, and put up these little pink puffballs, each about an inch in diameter. I haven't seen one of these in a long time, now that I think of it. I need to get out and do some hunting. I shot these on the bank of the Manatee River at Desoto Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...