Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Old Barn


I used to enjoy going out and taking pictures of this barn. Then one day I came around the corner and it was gone. Completely gone. No pile of rubble, no old posts sticking out of the ground, nothing. I don't know if it fell over and they took it away or if it got bulldozed or maybe they moved it somewhere for restoration. I know I wasn't the only one who stopped to take pictures of it, though, so maybe somebody out there knows what happened. The field is still there, but it's for sale, last time I checked. Anyhow, this was on US 41, just a wee bit south of I-275. Trust me, the area is not as developed as that location may make it sound. I guess the nearest city is Palmetto, or maybe Ellenton. No sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...