Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Christmas In July 2007-Day 24

Welcome to day 24! What's on tap for today? How about two tracks from Julie London and one from Paul Weston, all of which feature different months in the title? That's an odd combination, but hopefully I can pull it off for you. The first two tracks both hail from Julie London's Calendar Girl (Liberty SL 9002, 1956) LP. The titles are Warm December and Sleigh Ride In July. Track three is April Snow from the Paul Weston LP The Columbia Album Of Sigmund Romberg (Columbia C2L 14). See, three songs, three months. Here's the link, hope you enjoy the tunes.

Last year, the share of the day featured two versions of Brazilian Sleigh Bells, and two cold-themed tracks.

Now I get to go sign up for online traffic school. I'm running out of time since I only get 30 days from my accident... Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the traffic school, Ernie. Online is the way to go nowadays if you have to do it.

    Hey, isn't "Warm December" available on CD? Pretty sure it's at least on one of the Ultra Lounge discs. In fact, "Calendar Girl" looks like it was released on CD with "Your Number Please" about 10 years ago. Not that I'm complaining, always nice to hear Miss Julie London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, actually, a rather large chunk of what I've shared this July has been available on CD in one form or another. I think the Julie London CDs are out of print, though. I guess I've been bending th rules a little since I'm just sharing out individual tracks instead of whole albums. Don't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...