Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lombard (Not Carol)


I don't think I've shared any pictures from Lombard Street in San Francisco with you. That's probably because they aren't very good. This curvy street faces East, so the time to visit and take pictures is in the morning, but I didn't make it until afternoon. But at least you can get a sense of what the place looks like. It's all well-landscaped and maintained, and it's an absolute traffic nightmare. People line up at the top end to go down the twisty bit, and there are tourists walking up and down the whole thing, running out into traffic to take pictures. Yet for some reason, it's still a fancy place to live. Sometimes I don't understand people. Except for this short section, Lombard is a major thoroughfare in SF. I guess they're saving this section for the tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...