Monday, July 23, 2007

Christmas In July 2007-Day 23

Whew! It's getting harder and harder to find stuff to share with you as we get closer and closer to the end of the month. I thought I had enough stuff set aside and recorded, but I guess not. I'm going to have to work pretty hard to stay one step ahead of the calendar for the next nine days. Having said that, today features some nice tracks. The first one is A Partridge In A Pear Tree (The Twelve Days Of Christmas) by the Baja Marimba Band from their album For Animals Only (A&M SP 4113, 1965). Pretty cool track that you might remember showed up on the ADVENTure In Carols 2006 CD over at FaLaLaLaLa last year. Track two is a great vocal version of Ave Maria from The Lennon Sisters and the LP A Diary Of Favorites (Ranwood R8066). Last, and maybe least, it's a version of the Leroy Anderson classic Sleigh Ride by Dean Franconi And His Sound Stage Orchestra from the budget LP Percussive Sound Of Leroy Anderson (Grand Prix Series K-176). They can't all be winners here, folks. Here's the link, be my guest.

What was this day last year like? Two versions of Skater's Waltz and three versions of Sleigh Ride (all of which are better than the one I gave you today). It was also my 900th post on the old blog. This one is 1585, so I've come a long way in the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...