Monday, December 19, 2016

A Blast From My Past

I would be remiss if I didn't share my favorite Southern Gospel Christmas record with you again this year.  One of the Christmas records I remember from back when I was a wee tyke, though we had the original cover shown down below, I was surprised that I could sing along to it when I found a new copy years later.  I guess you always remember the things from your youth on a subconscious level, whether you realize it or not.  My original mono share of this LP was back in 2007, and I shared the stereo version with you in 2011.  I think it may be due for a remaster, but until then, this rip will have to make due.  This is James Blackwood And The Blackwood Brothers & Hovie Lister And The Statesmen-O Come, All Ye Faithful (RCA Camden CAS-2361, Stereo, 1969).

1. O Come, All Ye Faithful-The Blackwood Brothers & The Statesmen
2. Silver Bells-The Blackwood Brothers
3. Go Tell It On The Mountain-The Statesmen
4. Praises To Our King-The Blackwood Brothers
5. White Christmas-The Statesmen
6. Christmas Means Christ To Me-The Blackwood Brothers
7. Joy To The World!-The Blackwood Brothers & The Statesmen
8. Christmas Time Is Here-The Statesmen
9. O Little Town Of Bethlehem-The Blackwood Brothers
10. Away In A Manger-The Statesmen
11. O Holy Night!-The Blackwood Brothers
12. Silent Night! Holy Night!-The Statesmen

Zippyshare

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Really appreciate your hard work and sharing these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely brings back the memories!

    Thanks!

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves me some Christmas gospel. Thanks for bring this one back.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...