Friday, December 23, 2016

Stone Cold Christmas

Here's a new one for you, in a completely new genre for the mix, too.  I don't recall ever having shared out any bluegrass, but that's changing here and now.  I had hoped to share out some country records with you this year, but I seem to be getting close to the end and that hasn't happened.  So this one is going to be about as close as we get.  Don't let the bluegrass tag scare you off, this is good stuff.  Some good classic tracks, some exclusive stuff, all of it worth hearing.  I first heard about this record years ago when my compatriot The Captain shared it out at his long-lamented blog.  So I'm excited to have my own copy and to be able to bring it back for you.  This is The Stonemans-A Stoneman Christmas (MGM SE-4613, Stereo, 1968).

1. A Stoneman Christmas
2. Little Jesus Loves Me
3. Christmas Time's A-Comin'
4. (I Won't Be) Present This Year
5. Blue Christmas
6. Let's Put Christmas Back Into Christmas
7. A Welcome Stranger
8. Santa Played The Autoharp
9. Jingle Bells
10. Tell It Again
11. Christmas Without Dad

Zippyshare

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Nothing like bluegrass, and this is a good group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, this is one I don't know, but I do enjoy some bluegrass on occasion, so will grab this eagerly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "Christmas Without Dad".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That there is a Hee Haw connection that I think you were inquiring about at the Fa. Veronica Loretta "Roni" Stoneman was a regular at least for a few seasons. Picture the character holding and using an iron in skits with Gordie Tapp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New 2018 linkage!

    https://mega.nz/#!YBEnmSQC!Y4oDskDqH3ipZNDIZ6S-4GsT9O_pGbmzHRSZdTXPo_4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the re-up, Ernie! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ernie, this one is nice. I would never have found it if I was not putting together a Counrty and Western playlist in 2023.
    Maybe you should re-share it for the 2024 season, as a bonus share. I wonder how many have missed this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots and lots of stuff in the archives for the folks who go looking. Hared to believe this was 7 years ago now!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Ernie, you are right. However, many are very old and the links are no longer active. I even tried a Torrent, but my Torrent opener could not open that. I totally understand the dead links as they are only active as long as you work with that groupp or they are in service...like Rapidshare.
      I feel so sorry for Lee at his Blog and all the problems he is having. It really is a shame.

      Delete
    3. Well, 2016 and newer should have links, either in the main post or in the comments. Older stuff is doubtful, but there are posts with links in the comments here and there. And much of that older stuff has been reshared, either as-is or with a fancy remaster. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...