Wednesday, December 21, 2016

All The Skitch

Another one that I wanted to squeeze in here before the big day is this half-holiday LP from former Tonight Show bandleader Skitch Henderson.  I originally shared the Snow Holiday half of this LP back in 2006, but it wasn't until 2012 and a remaster that I shared out the whole thing, including the Sun Holiday side.  But that still leaves you with only half a Christmas LP...  So I decided to search for all the holiday bonus tracks I could find that I had collected over the years and throw them into the pot as well!  So you get seven bonus tracks, one of which is a spoken-word track from an Army Reserve LP I shared out earlier this season.  So if you put all the Winter tracks together, you get a pretty decent seasonal LP.  So please start with Skitch Henderson At The Piano Conducting the New York Philharmonic-Winter Holiday (Columbia MS 6381, Stereo, 1962).

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Moonlight In Vermont
3. Sleigh Ride
4. Winter Holiday-Winter Holiday
5. Winter Holiday-Around The Bonfire
6. Winter Holiday-Home Again
7. Troika
8. Caribbean Polka
9. Three Coins In The Fountain
10. Macarenas (La Virgen De La Macarena)
11. La Mer
12. Paris Match
13. Never On Sunday
14. Einsamkeit

And then add in:

1. The Merry Bells
2. Snowfall
3. We Need A Little Christmas
4. Greensleeves
5. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Lovely Evening; Over The Hills To Grandmothers House
7. For The US Army Reserve

Zippyshare

3 comments:

  1. If there's anything you've given me (besides countless incredible shares), it's an appreciation for Skitch Henderson. This is fantastic - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...