Monday, April 19, 2010

What Gravity?


I'm not sure if you're going to believe me, but I assure you it's true. I saw this helicopter fly upside down at Sun-N-Fun. Well, maybe fly is not the right word. I saw him flip upside down without falling out of the air. I'd always thought that a helicopter couldn't do that, it would push itself right out of the sky if it got those rotors too far past level flight. I've seen choppers do some pretty extreme turns where they got up on edge, but never one that went all the way over. Well, this one did.

I can't post enough pictures to convince you of what I saw, but here are a few. Clearly, I'm looking up at the rotors here!

He's pointed straight down! How does this work? I don't know, they said something about titanium this and reinforced that, but it's all geek speak to me.

I guess maybe Red Bull really does give you wings. Or at least it gives Chuck Aaron wings. It just gives me an accelerated heartbeat and cold sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...