Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rings Of Smoke


Check it out. I got to Sun-N-Fun on Friday just in time to see some of the pyro going off for the warbirds show. Some of the simulated bomb bursts made giant smoke rings in the sky. I'd heard about such things, but never seen it happened. I guess the charges were just right, and the weather was just right.

Isn't that just the coolest thing? I don't know if you could make something like this happen if you tried, but there it was.

I kept hoping one of the warbirds would try to fly through these rings, but I guess they have to fly a pretty tight flight plan since there are so many planes in the sky during this show.

1 comment:

  1. That's spooky! What would UFO believers make of these? As you may know, there's a branch of UFOlogy which claims that UFOs are actually living organisms, and darned if these don't look the part. I'll bet you could sell these to TLC or the History Channel for one of their crank science series.

    Announcer: "Living UFOs? Ernie (Not Bert) shot these fascinating photos which appear to show either giant, living-organism UFOs or what some UFO experts call 'rubber band' saucers."

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...