Sunday, April 18, 2010

Twisty


This bit of sculpture sits on a pedestal in front of the National Museum of American History. As I was trying to shoot it, I noticed that it rotates. I don't know if it's just the wind that makes it move or what, but it was moving as I was trying to photograph it.

I took these shots from quite a ways away, since there was a lot of construction going on in front of the museum. DC seems to be just like any other American city, it's always in some state of being built and rebuilt.

I thought it was pretty cool with the lettering in the background. Perhaps that's just me... Oh, I think the name of this piece is Infinity, and the artist is Jose de Rivera.  He seems to have done a lot of similar pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...