Tuesday, April 20, 2010

George (Not Washington)


I'm always on the lookout for places I've missed during my trips to DC, and that's how I found this memorial to George Mason. It's just off the Tidal Pool, very close to the Jefferson Memorial. But if you blink, you might miss it in your rush to get somewhere more well-known.

Mason was one of the founding fathers, but he seems to have been forgotten through the years. I'm sure the alumni of George Mason University would disagree with my statement that he's been forgotten, but I'm sticking to it.

He's located under a nice little pergola with a fountain in front. Nice out-of-the-way place to visit and rest for a few minutes before you brave the crowds at Jefferson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...