Monday, January 01, 2024

Roger That

Happy New Year to you and yours! Happy that you chose to visit the blog here on this special day. Unlike Christmas Day, I've got a couple of shares for you, but only a couple. The pile is getting pretty short that I have prepared, and I want to make it through all twelve days of Christmas. I need to start being a little more frugal instead of trying to post something new every five minute. Still some good stuff though, don't fear it's the bottom of the barrel. This is a remaster of a great piano album I first shared back in 2007, and I'm bringing it back to you today in higher fidelity and hopefully better sound. This is Roger Williams With The Concert Grand Orchestra, Directed By Frank Hunter And Marty Gold-Christmas Time (Kapp KS-3048, Stereo, 1959). Enjoy! Don't forget I shared a non-LP single side that goes well with this album last year. And there are a couple of different covers in there for you as well, this record was issued and reissued many times over the years, each time the packaging got a little cheaper.

1. Silent Night
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Winter Wonderland
4. We Three Kings Of Orient Are; The First Noel; Away In A Manger; Angels We Have Heard On High
5. Deck The Halls
6. Adeste Fideles
7. White Christmas
8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
9. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
10. O, Holy Night; Joy To The World; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; O, Sanctissima
11. Jingle Bells
12. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing

MEGA

21 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Roger Williams albums in my past. Was there an earlier mono only Williams Christmas album or is this it. I have the stereo one on CD from the budget MCA imprint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very prolific, I'll give him that. And stay tuned... ;)

      Delete
    2. Found the Mono version of this album with the custom Kapp Christmas label a few years ago and is still in the collection today. Didn't get a chance to play anything from it this year, though. Busy Christmas season.

      Delete
    3. Life's too short to listen to mono records when you can have the stereo version! :)

      Delete
    4. You can also be on the lookout for Roger's Yellow Bird album for Christmas In July, being that he does a version of "Greensleeves" on there. Sometimes Mono mixes have a bit more punch than their Stereo counterparts.

      Delete
    5. Looks like I've shared it twice from two different records, neither of which was Yellow Bird. :)

      Delete
    6. I realized that a few days ago. One of the two records could have been The Headliners, Volume 3, released by the Columbia Record Club in 1962.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Ernie and everyone!

    That's a nice special label for the Roger Williams LP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Ernie. I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful (and yes, not so wonderful LOL) Christmas music that you share with us. This one is a keeper! Best wishes for a happy, HEALTHY 2024 for you, for Meredith and for the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Earnie. Thank you very much for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ernie for all you do!! Have a fabulous 2024. I so enjoy your blog and especially your posts. Great music. Happy New Year from Lubbock, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ernie,
    I went ahead and downloaded this updated link and your suggested link. I know I have them both already, I just looked at my 2 external hard drives and see I have folders from 2019, 20, 21, 22, and now 23 of your shares. Plus, dups of several of these years. I really need to delete the dup years, and then combine all the years into one folder. Then delete the old shares and keep the newest ones. Then separate them into new themed folders where necessary. The only year that does not need this done is the year you gave us all those fabulous 78s. These I did daily as I downloaded them.
    That said, have a great New Year for you and yours.
    I think I read you said you cannot tell by a count of how many downloads each share gets. Is this true? If so, how very odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no idea how many downloads I get, and only a rough idea of visitors. But it's been a good year by any measure. I think there are a couple of earlier years available at least partly in the archives, but you'll probably need to check the archives. Not that you need any more Christmas music, but if you want the full experience. :)

      Delete
  8. As you already knew, I love and have loved Roger Williams piano music, since I was a teen. I will be adding this to my instrumental library :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...