Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Second Best Reminder

It just occurred to me that I should have hyped up my Second-Best Of collection from Christmas in July at some point during the season. Too late now for it to get any traction, but I'll mention it anyway. For those of you who aren't around in July, I share out Christmas music from non-Christmas albums. It's a curious collection of songs that you've probably not ever seen or heard, though I do occasionally find a ringer here or there. And after each season, there comes a best-of collection. But this past July, I went through all the old shares and picked out ten sets of about 30 songs each that hadn't previously been on a best-of collection. I called these the Second-Best Of Christmas In July, and they're all still available for listening if you're interested.  Follow the links and have a go.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Ten

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie,
    For your readers, besides the contents of each collection being really interesting, the covers are worth just as much as the contents inside. Thanks again for posting this set then and again now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was pretty happy that I was able to come up with a theme to tie them all together. Sometimes these things just come together. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Ernie,
    Maybe one day you can come up with a best of and/or second best of your section of your Christmas singles from this year. If an album or artist from your comments, from memories of my father or mother rings a bell, I might download it. But as to the singles, Christmas time is full of anxiety for me, as you can guess from an earlier comment. So, I passed most of these singles. It is rare that I can bring myself to download anyone of them. But I thank you for all your time and energy in doing this. You make a big impact on many lives through you loving dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas and Christmas music should be about joy, not anxiety. If something moves you, give it a listen, but don't let the music overwhelm you. It's there for people to enjoy.

      And as far as doing a best-of, I kinda doubt it. The Christmas in July is a one-time shot, so bringing some of it back as a best-of makes sense, at least in my head. The Christmas shares I try to keep up for a long time. Visitors are welcome to make their own collections, and some of them do. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...