Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Almost Lost One

I was poking around in my music library on the computer and ran across something I'd recorded that didn't seem to exist in an MP3 form, only the original WAV. Turned out it was something I recorded and tagged this year, but didn't drop into the sharing folder. I wonder how many of those records there might be on here? I hope it's not many because I hate to have gone to all that work without sharing the result. But at least I stumbled across this one before the end of the season. This is Johnnie Que with Rockabilly Christmas b/w Rockabilly Christmas-Instrumental (Rhino 7" 45 RPM RNOR 099, Stereo, 1981). Actual new music from the Rhino label, you don't see much of that!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. As I recall, this was included on Rhino's Christmas tree shaped EP--which was entirely made up of (relatively) new recordings. Indeed, back in those days, Rhino was a label that traded pretty much entirely in new recordings. They didn't evolve into a collectors label for a few more years...after they'd acquired the catalog of White Whale and signed some kind of distribution agreement with Capitol Records. That would have been around '84 or '85.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the days, though I have to say they really did well as a collector-oriented label, probably more than they could have ever done with releases like this.
      And I think this is the Christmas Tree EP of which you speak: https://www.discogs.com/release/725633-Various-Christmas-Rock

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...