Thursday, January 05, 2023

Programming Update

Just a note to mention that I've been going in and updating a lot of the old 78 posts (from both 2020 at Christmas and 2022 all year long) to include the track listing. I only recently figured out how to export a list in a readable format, and I really wanted to be able to search those old posts easily, so I've been taking the time to update the 130 or so posts. I've got all the 2022 posts done, and I'm about 25% of the way though the 2020 season. Soon you'll be able to find if I've shared some old obscure artist or song without having to download everything first. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds time-consuming. How do you export the data?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taking a while, but each post is pretty quick, there are just so many of them... Still beats typing it all in which is what I've done in years' past.
      There's a software called mp3tag, you open the folder in that software, and it will export the data in whatever format you configure it to. I kinda always knew it would do that, but never took the time to figure it out until recently. Now it's easy.

      Delete
    2. I've been using other software, but I hafta look into that!

      Delete
    3. Even though the name may make you think otherwise, it works with just about every format I've thrown at it. FLAC, whatever it is you use (AAC?), it does all sorts of wonderful things. And I can send you the scripts to generate the output if you need. :)

      Delete
  2. That is so good to know! I can now print the track listings and pull them up if I am looking for a particular week. Thanks for your dilligance and persistence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just download them all and be done with it. Much easier. :)
      Thanks for the note, Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Ernie- I really appreciate all of your work on this!
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes it much easier for me to find stuff I've already shared. I was really struggling to find stuff sometimes. Marry Christmas!!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...