Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Funny?

Here's a rare spoken word comedy Christmas single, though I use the word comedy loosely. Maybe it was funny in a night club all those years ago, but I dunno if this passes muster these day. But I'll throw it up here and let you decide if you like it. This is The Funny Bunch with 'Twas The Night Before-A Christmas Story b/w XXX Motor Club-A Christmas Story (A. Muse Inc. 7" 45 RPM 102, Mono). A close look at the writers/producers will reveal that that this record is by the same Buddy & Bunny that made a classic budget label Christmas record that I used to share out around these parts (though not anymore since Buddy himself told me he hopes to reissue it someday. That was a while ago now, but we'll see...). And don't worry about the XXX in the name of the B-side. That doesn't seem to have any dirty connotations that I can hear.

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie,
    Interesting record. Maybe it was funny in the day, to someone? I had to google what a Moo Moo was. That alone looks like something someone would wear at home, maybe to bed. But on the street? Maybe, she should have gotten arrested for wearing that. It seems this record might be funnier if you drink alcohol, that I cannot answer too. Oh, glad I listened to it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's an episode of The Simpsons where Homer is trying to gain weight so he can go on disability. He wears a moo-moo in that. That's the image that first comes to my mind. :)

      Delete
    2. Sure, just make me feel old. I know exactly what a "Moo Moo" is. Technically, the word is "muu muu". The style has its origins in Hawaii and it was a very popular kind of dress in the 60s.

      Delete
    3. I knew I was doing something wrong there, but couldn't think of it. Muu Muu... Thanks, Stubby!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...