Wednesday, July 06, 2022

The Second Best From Christmas In July Past-Part 2

Time for another edition of the second best songs from around these parts in July. I get a fair number of requests to repost tracks from all the various Christmas In July days, and I don't want to do it. What's done is done, and if you missed it, sorry. But when I came up with the idea of sharing out some more of those songs in a different format, it seemed like a good idea. And I was surprised how many good songs I could include. There were plenty of things that didn't make the original best-of's for whatever reason, so I think they are strong collections. Download this latest one and let me know what you think. This is The Second Best Selections From Christmas In July At Ernie (Not Bert)-Part 2. Enjoy!

1. Julie London-Sleigh Ride In July
2. Jack Shaindlin-White Christmas
3. The Hi-Lo's-June In January
4. Joe "Fingers" Carr And Ira Ironstrings-Snow Deer
5. The Imperials-Let There Be Peace On Earth
6. Kenny Rogers And The First Edition-Joy (Jeso, Joy Of Man's Desiring)
7. Rolf Harris-Six White Boomers
8. The Longines Symphonette-Toyland
9. Lou Monte-Italian Jingle Bells
10. Frank Chacksfield-Dear Mister Santa Claus
11. John Klein-Toy Train
12. Claudine Longet-Snow
13. The Hollyridge Strings-The Christmas Song
14. John Jacob Niles-I Wonder As I Wander Out Under The Sky
15. The Don Baker Trio-Sleigh Ride
16. Walter Raim-Virgin Mary
17. Hal Mooney-Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
18. Joanie Sommers-When Winter Comes
19. Dick Schory's Percussion Pops Orchestra-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
20. Katie Lee-The Frozen Logger
21. The John Parker Orchestra-Baby, It's Cold Outside
22. Jimmy Jenson-Winter Wonderland
23. Buddy Cole-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
24. Little Marcy-C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
25. Mission Viejo Chapter-Sweet Adelines-Toy Soldiers On Parade
26. Little Johnny Everything And His Sister Judy-I Want To Meet Santa Claus
27. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-The Sleigh
28. The Banjo Barons-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer/Jolly Old St. Nicholas/Jingle Bells
29. Billy Pressman-Nuttin' For Christmas
30. Kathy Lecinski-The New Year Is Coming

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Hal Mooney’s Ballet With A Beat album is really fun. Little Marcy’s album is really…something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget, there are two full albums of Little Marcy singing Christmas songs in the archives! Took me forever to find both of those, so you need to download them just to humor me. :)

    https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2018/11/marcy-returns.html
    https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2018/11/mas-marcy.html

    ReplyDelete

  3. Downloading them is one thing, but do we need to listen to the Little Marcy albums too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you must listen. Little Marcy is a rite of passage for all Christmas aficionados!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...