Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Christmas In July 2007-Redux

If you're interested, here's an updated version of the 2007 version of The Best Of Christmas In July. I went through and dropped in any newer rips I may have had, as well as subbing in stereo for mono where possible. It's all about making the best sounding compilation I could put together. There's a text file in the download that specifies which files got changed, so have a look if you're curious. I kind of regret not saving things at full bitrate back in the day, but that's just the way it is, I can't change it now. I think things also just plain sound better as my skills and software have improved. ClickRepair made a huge difference in my music, and I don't think that came along until 2010 or 2011. Anyhow, if you're interested in hearing an updated version of this collection originally released in 2007, please download and give a listen to The Absolute Best Tracks From Ernie (Not Bert)'s Christmas In July 2007 Edition. Enjoy!

1. Nickelodeon-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
2. Ashtabula High School A Cappella Choir-Carol Of The Bells
3. Joanne Wheatley & Hal Kanner-Baby, It's Cold Outside
4. IBM 7090 Computer-Joy To The World
5. Ron Goodwin-Xmas It Ain't
6. Fred Sateriale's Big Band-Toyland Cha Cha Cha
7. Hugo Winterhalter-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer Cha Cha
8. Earl Grant-Snowfall
9. Ferrante & Teicher-Happy Sleigh Ride
10. Bing Crosby-The Secret Of Christmas
11. Count Basie & The Mills Brothers-December
12. Connee Boswell-White Christmas
13. Andre Previn & David Rose-Blue Holiday
14. Waldorf "Punch & Judy" Orchestra-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
15. University Singers-Go Where I Send Thee
16. Sunshine-The Very First Christmas Day
17. Stan Wolowic-Happy Holiday
18. Sarah Vaughn & Billy Eckstine-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
19. Al Melgard-Jolly Coppersmith
20. Alfred Apaka-It's Snowing In Hawaii
21. Lawrence Welk-Holiday
22. The Klokken Ringers-Silver Bells
23. Ray Conniff-An Improvisation On "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy"
24. The Robert de Cormier Folk Singers-The Virgin Mary Had A Baby Boy
25. The 'Promises, Promises' Cast-Christmas Day
26. Glenn Miller-It Happened In Sun Valley
27. Martin Denny-Snowflakes In Summer
28. Ruby Murray-Christmastime In Ireland
29. The Robin Hood Orchestra-Silent Night
30. John Gary-Let There Be Peace On Earth (Let It Begin With Me)
31. Gordon Jenkins-Happy New Year
 

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. This shows you were posting the good stuff a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there were a lot fewer high school and church choirs back in the day. I was able to grab all the low-hanging fruit in the early years, it's tougher now to find the undiscovered stuff. But I think I'll do OK this year. :) Discogs really helps sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...