Friday, July 22, 2022

The Second Best From Christmas In July Past-Part 7

We're up to part seven of these collections of the second-best tracks from Christmas in July past. That's a lot of music, but I think it's good stuff. Not getting a whole lot of feedback on these collections, but not a lot of people listen to Christmas music in July, and it's not like they're new music. So I get it. But I figure maybe I can hype them up at Christmas proper and more people will get the chance to listen to my collections. I don't think I've mentioned the mosaic artwork on the covers yet.  It's a series of panels on the wall of a church building in downtown Sarasota that I photographed a few months back. I remember thinking in the back of my mind at the time that I would find a use for those pictures, and here they are! But they're not my best covers ever, and you're not going to spend a lot of time looking at the pictures, you're here for the music. Here's a list of what's in this collection. Enjoy!

1. Mr. Jack Daniel's Original Silver Cornet Band-We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Robert Gordon-Blue Christmas
3. Happy Louie-Candy Cane Polka
4. The Payola$-Christmas Is Coming
5. The George Shearing Trio-Heart Of Winter
6. Mike Douglas-I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing
7. Les And Larry Elgart-Greensleeves
8. Glenn Yarborough & Marilyn Child-Mary Had A Baby
9. The Ringing Bells-Silver Bells
10. Johnny Keating-Snowface
11. Frankie Lymon-Out In The Cold Again
12. Moe Koffman-Shepherd's Cha Cha
13. The Ames Brothers-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
14. The Kermit Leslie Orchestra-The Little Toy Shop
15. The New Group-My Favorite Things
16. Gerald Askelin-Christmas Lite
17. Oscar Brand-Coventry Carol
18. Sy Mann-Winter Weather
19. Red Carter-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
20. Peter Seeger-Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
21. Idlers-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
22. Count Basie-Peppermint Pipes
23. Meri Ellen-Baby It's Cold Outside
24. Andre Previn-It Happened In Sun Valley
25. The Wanderin' Five-Go Tell It On The Mountain
26. John Kirby-Bounce Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
27. Gayle Morgan-Snowflake
28. Romper Room-My Snowman
29. Peter Todd-When Winter Comes A'Calling
30. Kathy Lecinski-The Christmas Bell Story
31. The McGuire Sisters-Happy New Year

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. Robert Gordon, The Payolas, Count Basie, George Shearing, Mike Douglas, Frankie Lymon, Glenn Yarborough and Kermit....oh, Kermit Leslie, not the frog, never mind. But the rest of that is one helluva a lineup for a "Second Best" collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie,

    I LOVE these covers. They are making your collections even better. I was wondering where they came from. I would love to see them in a separate collection without the cover text art. So far, I have collected all 7 of them. Also, I am making a massive playlist to enjoy later once you have completed these wonderful sets. Thanks for doing these. I always thought to myself how great it would be if you offered an additional selection of the Best of Christmas in July.

    I am also collecting the Redu collections too. Thanks for these updates.

    Will you be offering missed Best of Christmas in July playlists for the forgotten years?
    These would be 2013, 2014, and 2016. I seem to remember there were no Best of July collections for the years 2020 and 2021.

    Anyway, I thank you again for all your hard work. I wish you and your loved ones all the best. Take care of yourself, and stay on your health improvements as I know it is hard work.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie, I'm a big fan of the covers you're sharing. It takes the experience up another notch, and we're already WAY UP on the scale.

    The care, time, and top-tier quality you're bringing to us is priceless. We are all tremendously fortunate that you choose to freely share your expertise.

    For me, year in year out since '04-ish, your ongoing efforts bring cheer and heart to our shared experiences. The volume of work you have created is now and will be appreciated beyond any sense of comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the kind comments. Good to know someone is paying attention. :)

    Bryan-If you poke around in the July archives from last year, I posted all the old best-of collections, including a new one for 2020. And the one from 2021 hasn't been made yet, but keep your eyes on this space... :) And some of those years didn't get collections because I didn't have any shares.

    MOQ-I think I started the blog in 2005, and didn't start sharing until 2006, so that's as far back as I go. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...