Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 12

 Today makes an even dozen shares for Christmas in July this year, though I've tried to post a lot more things for you on the other days. It's been hard to find records since I'm not single and can't go hunting every day. But I think we're doing all right here. Here's the new stuff for today.

1. Adeste Fidelis by New Century Music Box With 4 Combs from The Greatest Music Show On Earth-Vol. B (Gay 90's Village 5188 (Recorded At Bellm's Cars And Music Of Yesterday, Sarasota, Florida), Stereo, 1973). You may be able to hear something a little off about the introduction to this song (and the one from the same LP the other day). The lady introduces two songs at the same time, and I tried to edit the other one out. I think I did a pretty fair job of it.

2. Introit: Fanfare For Christmas Day by The Arcadia Choir-Barth Dowling, Director from The Arcadia Choir-Arcadia Avenue Presbyterian Church (Mark MC-8011 (Peoria, Illinois), Stereo, 1973). When I first saw this, I thought it was from the two of Arcadia, just up the road about 30 miles. But I was wrong, it's all the way from Illinois. This short intro was the only Christmas content on there, but it was half price, so I got it anyway.

3. Laudi Alla Vergine Maria (From Four Sacred Pieces) by The Columbus Boychoir-Donald Hanson, Director from The Columbus Boychoir Sings At Spoleto's Festival Of Two Worlds (The Columbus Boychoir DB-63073 (Side 1-Sounds Of Christmas), Stereo). Another song from the boys.

4. Thy Little Ones, Dear Lord, Are We (Her Kommer Dine Arme Smaa) by St. Olaf Choir-Kenneth Jennings, Director from Sing For Joy (St. Olaf Records E-269, Stereo). And another song from the Olaf that doesn't make ice cream.

5. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm by Martha Raye from the LP Martha Raye (Legends 2xLP Legends-1000/5-6, Mono). I only know Martha Raye from the denture cream commercials when I was a kid, but I guess she had a big career before that.

And now the balance of the share is production music for WENB (think about it, you'll get it...).

6. Friendly Feeling (Trailer Hitch) from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 13 (William B. Tanner Company TRS V-A Disc 13, Stereo).

7. Sleigh-Ride Time from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 6 (William B. Tanner Company TRS Vol A Disc 6, Stereo).

8. Orchestrated Pattern (Christmas) (What Child Is This) from Trendsetter Volume A Disc 31-Wild Work Parts (Media General TRS V-A/D-31, Stereo).

9. Mid-Winter Sale-Instrumental 2 from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo).

10. We've Got Gifts Galore And So Much More For Christmas-Instrumental from The Great Christmas And Special Events Production Library-Disc 7 (Airforce Broadcast Services Disc 7, Stereo, 1984).

And that's it! Hope you found something interesting to listen to. I'll be back soon with more, promise!

MEGA

1 comment:

  1. I assume that Trailer Hitch song isn't really about a trailer hitch (which would not seem to have a Christmas tie-in), but is actually some kind of production music lingo?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...