Saturday, July 23, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Part 30

Week 30! Wow! I've been at this for a long time now. And I've got thirty more tracks to add to the enormous pile of music I've shared so far this year from the 78's at The Internet Archive. For the first time all year, my backlog has dropped to below 400 tracks, which is still a lot of music, but I've been keeping it over 500 tracks for a long time. But the good news is that they just started dumping records for July last Thursday, so hopefully I can replenish my supply to keep sharing for a long time to come. (I just checked and it looks like there's still goodies being shared out today, so I think it's going to be a big boost to my pile!) But you don't care about any of that backstory, you just want some music. Here's the link to the latest installment of 78's. Enjoy!

MEGA

Whoops, had an incorrect image file in the download. But it's updated now. (7/24 at 8:30 am EDT) 

Update-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Ray Bloch And His Orchestra-Vocal By Harrison Knox And Choir-Ave Maria
2. Big Jon Arthur And The "No School Today" Cast With Orchestra Conducted By Jimmy Carroll-Christine The Christmas Tree
3. Victor Silvester And His Ballroom Orchestra-Christmas Dreaming (A Little Early This Year)
4. Hack Swain And His Music With Lon Saxon And The Sun Maids-Christmas In Florida
5. Molly Bee-Music By Van Alexander-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
6. The Lady In Blue June Winters-Orchestra Under The Direction Of Hugo Powers-March Of The Toys
7. Homer And Jethro-Nuttin' For Christmas
8. Golden Gate Orchestra-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers (La Parade De Soldats De Bois) (From "La Chauve-Souris")
9. Bumble Bee Slim-Blues Singing With Piano And Guitar-Santa Claus Bring Me A New Woman
10. Danny Kaye With Orchestra And Chorus Under Direction Of Vic Schoen-Santa Claus Looks Like My Daddy
11. Taylor Trio (Violin, 'Cello, Piano)-Silent Night, Holy Night (Stille Nacht, Heil'ge Nacht)
12. Ruedi Burkhalter Mit Chrigel Und Vreneli-Ski-Heil-Marsch
13. The Voices Of Walter Schumann-The First Snowfall
14. Vincent Lopez And His Suave Swing Orchestra-Vocal Refrain By Penny Parker-(You're Just As) Cute As Christmas
15. Bing Crosby-Adeste Fidelis
16. Arly Nelson-Banjo, With The Tune Toppers-Banjo Bells (Silver Bells)
17. Bill Cook-Christmas In Heaven
18. Bob Skyles And His Skyrockets-Eskimo Nell
19. Eddie Cletro With The Frontiersmen-Give Me An Old-Fashioned Christmas
20. Teresa Brewer With Chorus And Orchestra Directed By Jack Pleis-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
21. Johnny Bond With Group Singing-Jingle Bells Boogie
22. Richard Keys Biggs-Joy To The World
23. Bill Tabbert And The "400" Quartet-Joe Lipman Orchestra-Ma! My Toys Are Broken
24. Buddy Clark With The Girl Friends, Orchestra Under The Direction Of Ted Dale-Merry Christmas Waltz
25. Owen Bradley-Organ Solo With Chimes-The Birthday Of A King
26. The Le Vine Twins-Joe Kovats And Orchestra-Twinkle-Toes
27. Cecil Stewart's Roquette's Chorus And Orchestra Under Direction Of Cecil Stewart-White Christmas
28. Fred Waring And His Pennsylvanians-Glee Club And Orchestra-Winter Wonderland
29. Korla Pandit-Bist Du Bi Mir
30. Stars Of Radio & Television With Orchestra & Chorus-Let It Snow

































8 comments:

  1. seems the decryption key is invalid for part 30 is what I get for clicking on the mega link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just worked for me. Suggest re-downloading. Once in a while the internets act goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had missed part of the link when I cut and pasted. I updated the link a few minutes ago, haven't had a chance to post about it, so that's probably what changed. MEGA is picky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selecion today, boss! I took a look at the IA drop - many European records so perhaps some things that will be new to you. The only thing I found so far was a National Banjo Week recording.

    Do you suppose that Cecil Stewart recognized that "Cecil Stewart's Roquette's Chorus and Orchestra under the Direction of Cecil Stewart" was redundant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! A Sarasota original! Love the name, too--Hack Swain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, The Bill Cook track is "Christmas In Heaven", not "A Letter To Santa". Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta say Ernie, you've been RELENTLESS this year, and what 400+ records to go?!? I signed up early on, so I'm trying to keep up and download as fast as I can. Can't imagine what’ll happen when I open up these presents in four months at all the goodies fall out, just hit play and not worry about it I s’poze. Thanks for all the time and effort invested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments, all! I fixed the messed up image, I had just grabbed the wrong pic from the folder. I've probably done that more than once this season, and nobody has noticed. I've seen a couple instances where I moved the cover image instead of copying it, but that won't come back to haunt me for a while.

    Lots of new record from the IA this week. Now if I just had some time to process them. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...