Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Light In The Dark


Another good rerun from last year is this LP from The Lighthouse Singers. You can read all about it at the post I did then, but right now I wanted to tell you about the cover artist. I think it was Stephen (Hey!) who pointed out the signature that I hadn't paid any attention to. It says Jon Whitcomb, and it turns out he's a well-known illustrator. I guess it helps to pay attention to those signatures. That might also explain why this LP is not all that common. So why don't you go right now and download Christmas Carols By The Lighthouse Singers (Vik SPV-2, Mono). Oh, I shared an EP of tracks from this record two years ago, if you want to check that out. There's nothing on the 7" record that isn't on this one, and I think even the cover is almost identical. But you never know.

1. Silent Night, Holy Night
2. O Come, All Ye Faithful
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Noel
5. Ave Maria
6. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. O Holy Night
8. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
9. Joy To The World
10. The Lord's Prayer

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, it's funny, Ernie, I still haven't seen this one in my mailbox. Oh well, I'll keep waiting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you go and give that purdy lady a black eye? You need to treat 'em nicer than that!

    That is nice artwork on the cover there.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...