Saturday, December 06, 2008

27 Days Of Christmas-Day The Fifth


I think I'm about a week behind on my 27 Days of Christmas shares. Sorry about that. I'm going to try to rectify that situation, but there's just so much going on right now... Anyhow, you're track for this day is a bit of calypso from someone other than Harry Belafonte. Yes, it's true, there were other purveyors of this music back in the day. However, the writer of this track is the great Jester Hairston, who wrote and arranged some great Christmas tracks for Walter Schumann around this same time. Sound interesting? Then please download The De Paur Chorus-Christmas In De Tropics from Calypso Christmas (Columbia CL 923, Mono, 1956). This entire record used to be available on CD, but I think it's out of print these days. Shame, as it's pretty good.

Previous Selections:
Vincent Lopez-Here Comes The Fattest Man In Town
The 4 Seasons-Jungle Bells
Jimmy McGriff-Hip Santa
Lorne Greene-Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

3 comments:

  1. Can you post this record? I LOVED that cut. The Cd's 30 plus dollars! Thanks a million for all your work. Do you have any Hawaiian Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. $30 bucks for Christmas music this good isn't too bad. But it's really not fair game for me to share, I'm afraid. You'll have to find a copy at the Goodwill for $1 like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the song- i'll be buying the cd
    any Hawaiian?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...