Wednesday, December 01, 2021

December 1st Past

Here we are in December already. Time flies when you're having fun, right? Let's see what the first of December held in the past...

2016

How about a nice fat set of Christmas Seal Greetings? Sprinkle these liberally around your Christmas comps, they're a fine complement to any collection.

2017

Some mono goodness from country cornpone comics Homer & Jethro.

2018

Christmas in England, which turns out to be a lot like Christmas in America, because, well, you know...

2019

A fine collection of Christmas music from Seeburg, the competitor to Muzak back in the day. And a much rarer record. Took me a long time to find that stereo copy.

2020

Well, somewhat unexpectedly, the theme of the 78 collection on this day last year was songs about December. How did I ever come up with that?

4 comments:

  1. If those canned-music companies supplied the goods to stores, offices, etc., why did they have a stereo mix? It's not as though he PA systems were stereo. I must be missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings!

    -My tenth ever Christmas-compilation contains about 50% material first discovered here (mainly gems from your 2020-Internet Archive shares). You've singlehandedly more than tripled (or quadrupled) my ever expanding list of seasonal favorites over the years, so thank you for all the wonderful music! For anyone interested, here's this 2021 Xmas Delights C60...

    https://www.dreamweapons.net/2021/12/dream-weapons-present-xmas-delights-x.html

    Btw: the X instead of Christ is not meant as anything... well negative - or anti christianity. I noticed you commented something about that a while ago. I never though about it like that. I just figured Americans/English people liked to write Christmas in that way, and that it sort of looked nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster-I'm sure the promo copies they gave to clients were a little different than what they piped into Woolworths. Mono would be old-fashioned and not modern.

    Moahaha-Thanks for sharing the link, I love to see my stuff get folded into mixes! And the X is technically an ancient symbol for Christ, isn't it? Plus it balances out the X for your tenth anniversary. I wholeheartedly approve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ernie. Yes, it seems so. Glad you approve:) I want nothing but to contribute to spread good feeling all around, really. And I think there's a couple of european gems/carols you might enjoy that you haven't heard before. Maybe, possibly.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...