Sunday, November 28, 2021

Christmas 1963

Did you finish up all your Christmas mix tapes yesterday? Well, if not, here's a whole new batch of Christmas greetings, this time a year earlier and from RCA Victor instead of Capitol. Still good stuff though. Oh, and the flip side is New Year's Greetings, so that's an extra bonus. Artists here are Ann-Margret, Eddy Arnold, Sam Cooke, Bobby Bare, Skeeter Davis, Al Hirt, Henry Mancini, Peggy March, Peter Nero, Charlie Rich, Jack Scott & Neil Sedaka. That's quite a wide spectrum of artists. Please be my guest and download Christmas Greetings From RCA Victor And Groove Recording Artists b/w New Year's Greetings From RCA Victor And Groove Recording Artists (RCA Victor 7" 45 RPM SP-45-128 Not For Sale, 1963, Mono). I had to buy a giant batch of Christmas singles on eBay to get this record for a decent price. But I'm sure you'll see a few other interesting singles pop up on the blog this season that came from the same lot.

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie... I'm here (again), but putting in a comment this time. Your release of hits is top-notch as usual. But, FINALLY, I can listen to Ann-Margaret wish me (ME!) a Merry Christmas, and also a Happy New Year.

    The season could end now with a very happy me, but I hope you keep it rolling on for the weeks to come!

    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, buddy! Actually I think I have this record. Never transferred it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember wondering why RCA didn't include Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, Ann-Margret is nice, but I think I prefer Kay Starr from yesterday. :) Strictly on a musical basis, mind you.

    Buster, I'm glad they didn't put Elvis on here, that way I could find and afford a copy. There are a few sampler Christmas LPs from RCA around this period featuring a bog-standard Elvis Christmas tune, and you can't find them or afford them. I'd love to have them just for the great covers, but they're impossible to find. If you have one of those deep in your archives, we should talk about it... :)

    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ernie - I doubt it. I am far from an Elvis collector! Not even sure I have his Christmas LPs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ernie! Will be fun to sprinkle these amongst the playlists. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...