Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Santa Has A Snowmobile!

Betcha didn't know that at one time Santa had to use a snowmobile to make his rounds. And that snowmobile would go up to 35 miles per hour to get Santa all around the world in one night. OK, it may not seem quite fast enough, but I'm sure it got the job done. (He does eventually get it up to 65, but it seems to take a while...) I found this unique bit of Christmas history in an antique store with a record room in Arcadia, Florida, and they had a box full of the same record. The owner of the place said he'd cleaned out a storage locker and they'd been in there. Kinda makes you wonder who's locker that was. Could it have belonged to Santa himself? I have a storage locker myself, and if I ever quit paying for it, someone on Storage Wars is going to wind up with their very own record store. But let's hope that never happens. I'm sure you're going to enjoy this unique tale of Christmas product placement. This is Jud Strunk-Jud Strunk's Santa Song (Ad Media 7" 45 RPM 6416/6417, Stereo, 1969).

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. This was promoting skimobiles, is that the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, just like Rudolph promoted Montgomery Wards, Uncle Mistletoe promoted Marshall Fields, and, ummm, well, I can't think of any other examples right now, but I'm sure there are plenty. :)

    Don't you want to run out and buy one now? If not, then I bet you haven't listened to both sides on repeat long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny that I put this one on this year's Fling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother in law has a camp just below the Strunk place in Eustace, Maine. In face, he bought it from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cool! Is Jud still around? I neglected to check before I posted this. Nope, looks like he died in a plane accident back in '81.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one a lot! Using a track on my annual mix. Thank you for making Christmas great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to find something here in the archives to enjoy!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...