Saturday, December 04, 2021

Not From Georgia

We're far enough into the season now that I think you deserve a little Canadian Content. And, like killing two birds with one stone, this is also a product of Radio Shack! How are you gonna beat that? As you can tell from the cover image above, this is a girl group taking on a handful of carols, including covers of songs made popular by Eartha Kitt and Elvis. The Eartha song is the one you expect, but the Elvis is not a song you hear every day. Lots to enjoy on this little record, so please download and enjoy The Peaches-Christmas With The Peaches (Realistic Canadian Series 7" 33 RPM 68-8100 (Radio Shack), Stereo, 1975).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. What Child Is This
3. Carol Medley
4. Silver Bells
5. Santa Baby
6. Why Can't Everyday Be Like Christmas

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie,
    Just listened to this EP. I have a thought, while I am not a country music fan, these girls should have hit Nashville or some country music capital. They have a country sound to them. Even their video of Sugar Time on YouTube sounds a little bit country. Who knows, their fame could have lasted a little longer than 15 minutes, then again, maybe not. An interesting addition to a Christmas collection though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find this? it turns up at thrift store here in Canada now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Elvis shoulda done Santa Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. If you've got Christmas from The Peaches, does that mean you've got a Christmas song from Cream lurking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I am in Montreal, Quebec, I see this little 33 rpm often... and usually in very bad shape. I have one myself.
    I think it is a fun record and rather well interpreted !
    It's fun to hear it in good shape !
    Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite Elvis seasonal songs! Ernie, you truly make every day like Christmas! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this turned out to be a popular share. I'd never seen or heard the record before, but it showed up in the sale list of someone on Discogs that I was buying some other stuff from. Looked like a fun record and it was cheap. Glad I did. Neat versions on here.

    Thanks for all the comments. Sorry it took me a bit to respond, I've had company around for a few days and tried to stay off the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to listening to this one - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...