Monday, December 07, 2009

Sammy Kaye Half Day-Part Two


Look! It's a new share! Something you've never seen here at Ernie (Not Bert) before! I know you thought it would never happen, but here it is! This has been shared elsewhere though, so don't get too excited about it. I know I was excited when I flipped to it in a big stack of records. This is probably not the most exciting Christmas record to be released in 1957. Keep in mind that's the same year that Elvis released his monumental Elvis' Christmas Album. And there's something about Sammy's swinging and swaying that makes it sound more like 1947 than 1957, but there's still plenty to enjoy here. You might even get a kick out of those wacky Kaydets! Please download Sammy Kaye And His Orchestra-I Want To Wish You A Merry Christmas (Columbia CL 1035, Mono, 1957). Note that many of these titles overlap the previous share, and they are on the same label, but I believe these are new recordings from Mr. Kaye and friends. Hi-Fi and all.

1. I Want To Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Winter Wonderland
3. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
4. Santa, Santa, Santa Claus
5. Frosty, The Snowman
6. Jingle Bells
7. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
8. All Around The Christmas Tree
9. The Christmas Song
10. White Christmas
11. Silent Night, Holy Night; O Little Town Of Bethlehem
12. Joy To The World; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; O Come, All Ye Faithful
13. I Want To Wish You A Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...