Thursday, December 21, 2023

More Carols Those Kids Used To Sing

As I mentioned in that last post, I've got two records by these singers, and here's the next one, released two years after their first. I wonder if there are any of the same members here as on the other one. Maybe two years is too short of a time for a lot of turnover, so it's probably got many of the same children performing. Similar set of carols here, maybe a little bit more obscure stuff than the last one, but not too different. I love when they throw in a verse or two in Korean just to remind us of who's singing. Give it a download and let me know what songs you enjoy! This is The World Vision Korean Orphan Choir-We Wish You A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year (Word WST-8361-LP, Stereo, 1965).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year
2. Caroling, Caroling
3. The Morning Star
4. O Leave Your Sheep
5. At The Sweet Birth Of Our Lord
6. Birthday Of The King
7. Silent Night
8. Deck The Hall
9. O Holy Child, We Welcome Thee
10. Angels O'er The Fields Were Flying
11. Sleep Of The Child Jesus
12. Lo, How A Rose
13. We Wish You A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Is this the same group from Capitol compilations I have but using just Korean Orphan Choir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so, but I can't be 100% certain. I didn't load up any of the tracks and compare the sound.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sounds. Here's a clip from their tour for this album, on Art Linkletter's show
    - Steve in PA
    https://youtu.be/DWwME6VA75A?feature=shared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Linkletter's show for some reason. Thanks for the link!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...