Friday, December 22, 2023

Cana-Day, Part 11

This is the end of the line for our celebration of all things Canadian Christmas today. It's a vocal record for which I have no info to share other than what you see on the cover. Well, I do see at Discogs that he has two three four five a bunch of earlier Christmas records that I need to track down. It's always something. This is Fernand Gignac-Avec Mes Meilleurs Voeux (La Roseraie/Disques Imperial (Canada) R-1003, Stereo, 1981). Hope you've enjoyed this series of records from the Great White North. Just remember what the Ontario Lottery told us once: Santa Claus Is Canadian! Enjoy!

1. Noël Blanc
2. Prière À La Vierge
3. Il Peut Neiger
4. Symphonie De Noël
5. Minuit Chrétien
6. Joyeux Noël
7. Valse De Noël
8. Royaume Du Bonhomme Hiver
9. Souvenirs D'un Vieillard
10. Merci Noël
11. Lettre Au Père Noël

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Another name I'm familiar with but not this album. Now I'm going to have to go back down the Canadian Christmas music rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in a comment earlier, there are a countable infinity of Christmas records out there. Good luck sampling even a small fraction of them.

      Delete
  2. One of the most important French Quebec singers, with an always very recognizable voice, Gignac made several Christmas records. There is one with a red cover that is very common here... One of the most liked record. Never seen this one but I suspect it's a reprint. Thanks for this one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were too many for me to even count. I kept finding more the longer I looked!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...