Sunday, July 24, 2022

Christmas In July 2012-Redux

 

Time for another installment of my revamped Best Of Christmas In July collections, and this one is a little special. Not only did I update some of the tracks with newer rips, I also recolored the artwork a bit. If you travel back in time to when I first shared this collection in 2016, you'll see that I wasn't able to make much of the new text color match the original label text. My skills in Gimp must have improved since then because I was able to go in the there and get it right recently, and I'm much happier with how this turned out. It's still not my favorite cover, probably because I didn't change enough stuff from the original label, but it's good for what it is. And looking at the tracklist, it was a good year for music. There's some great stuff in there. Just a Christmas story by Vincent Price is worth the price of admission alone. So be sure you download this one, and enjoy!

1. Dennis Hinman-Christmas In July
2. The McGuire Sisters-Be A Santa
3. Hap Miller-Sun Valley Twist
4. Nina-Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?
5. Hal Blaine-Love-In (December)
6. Gaylord & Holiday-Italian Christmas Song
7. Elton Britt-The Skater's Yodel
8. Rosemary Clooney-Me And My Teddy Bear
9. Jerry Murad's Harmonicats-Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker Suite
10. Monte Kelly-Snow-Snow
11. Shirley Temple-That's What I Want For Christmas
12. The Camarata Contemporary Chamber Orchestra-Traineau (The Sleigh Ride)
13. The Gentlemen's Agreement-The Twelve Days Of Christmas
14. Ogden Nash-A Word About Winter
15. The Chad Mitchell Trio-Super Skier
16. The Alley Singers...Phil Stern And Al Brennan-Jingle Bells
17. Jim Mandell-The Reason Everybody Likes Christmas
18. The Guitars, Inc.-Snowfall
19. Jane Morgan-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
20. The Dukes Of Dixieland And Clara Ward-Children Go Where I Send Thee
21. Neal Hefti-White Christmas
22. John Davidson-Snowbound
23. Ichiro Masuda Quintet-Frost Flowers
24. Hugo Winterhalter-Blue December
25. Joe Bushkin-Everyday Is Christmas
26. Merle Haggard-Blue Christmas
27. Leo Addeo-June In January
28. The American Breed-Powder
29. The Harry Simeone Chorale-The Toy Drum
30. Vincent Price-A Visit From St. Nicholas

MEGA

Oh, I just remembered my biggest mistake on this disc. For the first time, I duplicated a song from a previous best-of collection. That Merle Haggard track featured on the 2009 collection. Too late to change that, but I still feel bad about it.

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...