Friday, July 29, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 19

A very special edition of Christmas in July today, as all the tracks are from the SESAC label, and four of the five tracks are from their Just A Minute! series. Long-time visitors might remember a Christmas Just A Minute LP that I've been sharing out for years now. It's one of my favorite production music records, but I think all the tracks from today will be added to that list. I got all of these records from Discogs, and even though they weren't in the best shape, I still had to pay up for them. (I say that about any record that costs more than a dollar, so it's not like I had to mortgage the house or anything, but still...) So it's a short but sweet share today.

1. Christmas In The Valley by Frank Hunter And His Orchestra from Just A Minute! (Sesac PA 203/204, Mono, 1960). No doubt you know Frank Hunter from his space age bachelor pad stuff, but this album is probably something you've never seen or heard before. But I can say that about all of these items.

2. Cold Winter Nights by Tyree Glenn-Conductor: Sy Oliver from Just A Mintue!-The Talking Trombone And Vivid Vibes Of Tyree Glenn (Sesac PA 231/232, Mono, 1963). The Sesac label certainly had some big names. This one was conducted by Sy Oliver, and he's not even the headliner!

3. Greensleeves by an unknown artist from Just A Minute!-Harp Moods And Interludes (Sesac PA 237/238, Mono, 1964). Of course, as soon as I brag about the big names on this label, we come to a record by a generic artist. :(

4. Winter Sports by Warren Covington And His Marching Band from Just A Minute! (Sesac PA 229/230, Mono, 1963). You probably remember Warren Covington as the bandleader who took over the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra after Tommy passed on, leading it for years.

5. Snow Mountains by The Buddy Weed Quartet from Buddy-Buddy--The Buddy Weed Sound (Sesac-A Repertory Recording 7" 45 RPM AD-19, Mono, 1957). The odd-man out in this collection, as it's from a 7" record and it's more than a minute long. This is also a very rare duck in that I managed to find the record and the sleeve independently of each other, and put them together in my collection. I can't tell you how rarely that happens.

That's everything in the pile. Sorry it's so short, but I really wanted to highlight these super-rare records for you. I didn't want you to miss these things. And now I have to go re-upload the share, because I forgot to add dates to everything and I found a couple of stupid typos that I had to fix. So I'll post the link here in just a sec for you to enjoy.

MEGA

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...