Thursday, July 28, 2022

Christmas In July 2020-Redux

 

Time for a rather unnecessary redo of a share from not that long ago. On this best-of from the 2020 season, I only updated one track to stereo, and I believe I corrected a typo in an artist's name. So if you're going to skip out on any of my re-do's this month, this would be the one to skip. But I hope you won't because it's a good collection and a nice cover with a shot from a visit to NYC a few years ago near Christmas.

1. Dick Marx, Piano, And Johnny Frigo, Bass…Sleigh Ride
2. John McGee…Christmastime In Florida
3. Dennis Farnon And His Orchestra…Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year
4. Kraft & Alexander…March
5. Dave Harris And The Powerhouse Five…Siberian Sleigh Ride
6. Kokee Band…My Favorite Things
7. The Metro Strings (AKA MGM Studio Orchestra)…Christmas
8. Unknown Artist…Santa's Coming
9. Francis Lai…The Christmas Trees
10. Jimmy James…All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)
11. Marni Nixon…Funny Little Snowman
12. Unknown Artist…Snowtime
13. West York Area High School Percussion Ensemble…Holiday For Percussion
14. John Ylvisaker…Joseph
15. Charlie Fox And The Ring Of Sound…Greensleeves
16. Frankford High School A Cappella Choir…You Better Watch Out-Edit
17. Lenny Seidel-Pianist…Angels We Have Heard On High
18. The Östlund Family…The Christmas Story
19. The RCA Electronic Music Synthesizer…Oh, Holy Night
20. The Gabriel Sisters-Mary Lou, Connie Joe, Colleen…Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
21. Lloyd Reese And The Solid Rock Chorus…Sweet Little Lord Jesus
22. The World Vision Korean Orphan Choir…Jingle Bells
23. Reid Nibley…The Shepherds And The Star
24. Ekseption-Royal Philharmonic Orchestra…Ave Maria
25. Frank Chacksfield And His Orchestra…White Christmas
26. The Babes…Disco Toyland
27. Unknown Artist…The Nutcracker
28. Lutheran High School West Brass Ensemble…God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
29. King Curtis…Swingin' Shepherd Blues
30. David Webb…The Marvelous Toy
31. The Handbell Choir Of St. James Methodist Church…Westminster Carol
32. John McCutcheon…Christmas In The Trenches
33. Air University Band Maxwellaires…Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
34. Liv Ullmann & Rock Hudson…Baby It's Cold Outside
35. Anita Bryant…X Has No Word For These Bible Stories
36. Long Island Banjo Society…Bells Of St. Mary's
37. Bob Johnson And The Lonesome Travelers…Auld Lang Syne      

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. Another striking cover, from my favorite spot in NYC.

    How did Liv Ullmann and Rock Hudson come to record "Baby It's Cold Outside," do you suppose? They're an unlikely duo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sweet spot, but almost always pretty crowded. I think I was lucky to get this shot without too many people between me and my subject.

    The Rock Hudson was a souvenir record for some cruise ship company out of Scandinavia, I think. I remember looking up Liv Ullmann at the time because the name didn't mean anything to me, but I still don't know who she was.

    https://www.discogs.com/release/9383261-Various-Stars-On-Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover has always been a favorite, and the music selection is great, too!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...