Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Christmas In July 2022-Part 16

Up to part 16 now, and still a little ways to go. The pile is growing short, as are the days, but I think we've got enough stuff to see us through to the end. I ripped the last two songs I still had to get from vinyl yesterday, so unless I stumble across more records, which I doubt is going to happen, everything is in the can now. But I'm still going to drag it out for you, you'll have to wait...

1. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) by David Seville And The Chipmunks (Alvin, Theodore & Simon) from Let's All Sing With The Chipmunks (Liberty LRP 3132, Mono, 1959). Yes, it's a bit of a ringer, but I found it on an LP, so I get to share it, them's the rules!

2. Christmas Song by Don Cossack Chorus-Serge Jaroff, Conductor from Religious Music Sung By Don Cossack Chorus (Columbia Masterworks 10" 33 RPM ML 2163, Mono, 1950). A bit scratchy, but still Christmas.

3. Cool Tango by Red Nichols And The Augmented Pennies from In Love With Red (Capitol T999, Mono, 1956). OK, not so much Christmas, but still cool.

4. January-By The Hearth by Morton Gould At The Piano And Conducting His Orchestra from Tchaikovsky's The Months (Columbia Masterworks ML 4487, Mono, 1951). I thought about calling this one a New Year's Track, but I decided to think of it as more of a winter tune. So here it is.

5. Sleigh Ride by The Sun Valley Trio from The Sun Valley Trio 7" 45 RPM EP (Diversion 7" 45 RPM DX-1-56, Mono, 1956). Bet you've never heard these guys anywhere else!

6. Winter Song by The Deansmen from 8/7 Option (Recorded Publications Z-46071/46072 Bates College, Lewiston, Maine, Mono, 1965). Another track from this one, with the cool cover I didn't scan. Sorry.

7. Alleluia, I Bring Good News by University Of Miami Concert Choir Under The Direction Of Donald Oglesby, Ricky Hardy-Organist, Pianist, Soloist-Skip Sanders from Alleluia-Sing With New Songs (World Library Publications 7912 (Side 2: Christmas), Stereo, 1981). Hard to sing along with new songs...

And now the radio production music portion of our broadcast day...

8. Gifts Of Love From Far And Near-Vocal from The Great Christmas And Special Events Production Library-Disc 7 (Airforce Broadcast Services Disc 7, Stereo, 1984).

9. January Clearance-Instrumental 2 from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo).

10. Pre Season Sale-Instrumental 2 from New TTS Production Music Tracks #3317 (William B. Tanner Company 3317, Stereo). Hmm, did I grab two tracks from the same record here? I think I did. I need an editor.

And that's it. There's gotta be something in there worth listening to a second or third time. Lemme know what you liked and maybe it'll show up in the inevitable best-of collection someday. Or maybe the second-best collection in a few years. Enjoy!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at Don Cossack Chorus records my whole life and wondering who would buy them. Turns out it was you (so long as they had Christmas content, that is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody must have bought them, I see them fairly frequently. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...