Saturday, July 07, 2012

Christmas In July 2012-Day 7

Today makes the one week point of the Christmas In July celebration here at Ernie (Not Bert), and what a week it's been!  Certainly the most prolific ever, with more shares per inch than most Fortune 500 companies.  We've still got a long way to go though, so be sure to pace yourself.  On with the show!

1. All Creatures Now Are Merry-Minded by 1978 Chamber Singers-Robert Summer, Conductor, another track from the LP University Of South Florida Chamber Singers And University Singers (Suncoast Recording Service KM4471, Stereo, 1979).  Nice track that's new to my ears.  Oh, and all the music tonight is in stereo to make for them all being in mono yesterday.

2. Ave Maria by Brad White & Lee Eisenstein from their album Old Friends (W.E. Records WE1001, Stereo, 1983).  This is a custom pressing that I'd never seen before.  I think you'll like this version.

3. Baby, It's Cold Outside by Gordon Jenkins, the second track I'm sharing from Gordon Jenkins Conducts 26 Years Of Academy Award Winning Songs (CG CGS 3002, Stereo, 1959).  Is this a rerun, I'm not sure...  This is a little bouncier than I remember.  I like it!

4. Bobsled from Clebanoff And His Orchestra and the LP Strings Afire (Mercury PPS 6019, Stereo, 1961).  I know this is a rerun, and really good one at that.  If this track doesn't put you on the fast track down a snow-covered mountain, you should have your hearing checked.

5. The Bells Of St. Mary's by Del Wood and her LP Rags To Riches (RCA Victor LSP-1633, Stereo, 1959).  Another version of the classic.

6. Christmas Carols by The Budapest Children's Choir-Valeria Botka And Dr. Laszlo Czanyi, Directors, yet another track from The Budapest Children's Choir At Carnegie Hall (RCA Victor Red Seal LSC-2861 (From Part 4 "Winter"), Stereo, 1966).  Nice straightforward title.

7. Go Tell It On The Mountain by The World Action Singers Of Oral Roberts University-Joyce Lampkin, Soloist from the LP Oral Roberts Presents (Light LS-5520-LP, Stereo, 1969).  All the other 'soloists' on this LP were children of Oral Roberts.  So there.

8. Go Where I Send Thee by The Dukes Of Dixieland and Clara Ward And Her Gospel Singers, quite a nice surprise from the album We Gotta Shout (Columbia CS 8842, Stereo, 1963).  It's always nice to find something like this hidden away on a mainstream album.

9. Let There Be Peace On Earth, a little bit of celebrity vocal from Eddie Albert-Conducted By Milton Rogers and the album Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin' (Hamilton HLP 12103 (Reissue of Dot DLP 25109), Stereo, 1959).  I know this is a rerun, but I grabbed it from a reissue this time.  I don't know when this reissue came out, the 1959 date is the original.

10. The Marvelous Toy from The Chad Mitchell Trio and their LP Singin' Our Minds (Mercury SR 60838, Stereo, 1963).  Another rerun, written by Tom Paxton.

11. Satin Doll, not a Christmas song from Rudy Rosa With Dave Walshaw, local entertainer, and the album A Musical Climax With Rudy Rosa And His Custom X-66 Hammond Organ And Synthesizer Complex (Rudy Rosa 777-MC, Stereo, 1977).  I wasn't sure he was from around here until I noticed a picture on the back of the sleeve that showed a local pass where I like to go shooting occasionally.

12. Snow Deer by Joe "Fingers" Carr And Ira Ironstrings from the LP Together For The Last Time-Volume 1 (Warner Bros WS1389, Stereo, 1960).  I had a mono version of this recorded and ready to go, then I found the stereo had been in my collection all along and was about 2 feet from the computer.  I guess you have to pay attention...

13. Waltz Of The Flowers (Nutcracker Suite), a rerun by David Rose And His Orchestra-Tenor Sax Solo By Bob Cooper from the LP Concert With A Beat! (MGM SE3852, Stereo, 1960).  I ripped this from a record that I brought back from my recent trip to Atlanta.  I think it was one of the only records I brought back with any Christmas In July content, but I brought a whole bunch of pure Christmas stuff.  That should pay dividends come the holiday season.

And that's it, 13 tracks tonight for a total of 95 for the week.  Not too bad.  Download and enjoy!

MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...