Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Goodbye Elvis

For your consideration, an autographed copy of a single from Jim Matthews, MD, The Singing Surgeon. And if that's not enough to pull you in, it's a tribute to the recently deceased Elvis! I've got a small collection of Elvis tribute Christmas songs, and I don't think I'd ever come across this one before I spotted it on Discogs. You can't really go wrong here, can you? This is Jim Matthews, MD, The Singing Surgeon-We'll Have A Blue Christmas, Elvis b/w Please Come Home For Christmas (Studio In The City/The Music Emporium M.E. 13, Stereo, 1977 or '78).

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. Hey Ernie,
    Very nice single. I can only imagine a comedy sketch of A Singing Surgeon breaking out in song as he has just cut open the chest of his patient. The nurses and the hospital attendants offer their do-wops, dancing, and backup rhythms. The patient looking on in amazement as he/she is dying. As the song fades, the patient looks into the air and heaven and says, What A Way To Go. Fade out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, some records just find me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a client named Jim Matthews. He was a large, elderly gentleman with a timeless crewcut who sold print back when we used to print things. To my knowledge he neither sang nor held any medical degrees, but I'd like to imagine this was the product of a unknown secret double life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more comment on this one. Just re-listening to Blue Christmas and the more I listen the more it sounds like a track from a long lost Dewey Cox Christmas album. Sorry, I just can't get enough of the Singing Surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming back and commenting. I really thought this record could prove to be a popular one around these parts, but it didn't connect. Maybe next year... :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...